Gradually, after false starts, reworks and occasional bursts of inspiration Drift, the drawing I posted some time ago (see here), is being resolved. I knew it couldn’t remain as a flat artwork, and was thinking of turning it into a cube. That didn’t seem interesting enough by the time I came to do it, so the next idea was a twisted concertina. I cut it up in a long spiral, after marking out a grid (on the back) of 55 mm squares, which was then folded along the marked lines. The intention was that the concertina would be allowed to fall in such a way that the drawing was seen in a random way, but the effect was just an unintelligible mess. So, next step was to cut up the spiral on every other fold so that I ended up with a quantity of little tent shapes. Some of these I arranged in a box frame so that the folded edges showed and bits of the drawing are exposed. Others went through more development. I cut up another random pen and ink drawing into smaller rectangles, these were folded and attached to the original pieces with gold wire, which then protruded from the top. I added little tags made from more offcuts, so that I now had shapes a little like teabags, or miniature 2-page books. These will be packed into a small black box.